DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
Pig Iron is seeking a Director of Development and Communications to join our ambitious and joyful team. In collaboration with Pig Iron’s Managing Director, Artistic Directors, and Board, the Director of Development and Communications will work to provide the necessary resources for the continued advancement of the company's artistry and its MFA/Certificate program (offered in partnership with University of the Arts).
Responsibilities will include major gift cultivation and solicitation; writing and researching foundation and government grants; overseeing development events including Pig Iron's annual benefit; managing Pig Iron's annual fund and soliciting and acknowledging gifts; creating and implementing strategies for building Pig Iron's funding base; managing the company’s marketing, PR, and social media presence; developing and implementing marketing materials as part of recruitment for Pig Iron’s graduate program and training intensives; developing communications strategies for Pig Iron shows and student events.
The Director of Development and Communications will have primary oversight of two Board committees: the Development Committee, which is tasked with providing support for Pig Iron’s annual fundraising, and the Benefit Committee, which assists in planning the annual benefit.
The Director reports to the Managing Director and supervises a Digital Marketing Coordinator. This is a full-time position with salary in the high 40s and benefits including health and dental insurance.
Required skills and experience:
- Candidate must be a passionate, organized and enthusiastic arts professional with a track record of building donor relationships, managing budgets, and working collaboratively and strategically.
- Position is responsible for targeted fundraising for individual projects, portfolio management, annual fundraising goals, as well as meeting monthly goals to be reviewed on a regular basis.
- Experience with grant writing and grant research
- The ability to craft engaging content that promotes audience growth and communicates with online community,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to deliver an “elevator speech” with confidence and authenticity.
- 5 years of experience in fundraising/development or marketing. Arts organization experience preferred.
Send resume, cover letter, and list of references to email@example.com.
Pig Iron Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse, accessible workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQIA candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pig Iron is always in search of volunteers for administrative and production tasks. If you would like to learn more about the opportunities available with Pig Iron, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.