Production and Facilities Manager
Pig Iron is seeking a Production and Facilities Manager to join the company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing all aspects of production including design, build, load-in, load-out, light hang, costume fittings and maintenance, venue preparation, and sound installation.
- Maintaining accurate files of set designs, light designs, technical riders, and sound designs for all company shows.
- Hiring the production staff for tours and new productions.
- Working with the Managing Director to create contracts for designers, actors, creative, and production staff.
- Working with the Managing Director and General Manager to create budgets for each production. The Production Manager is the primary person responsible for keeping production and tour budgets on target.
- Acting as the primary point of contact for production issues for presenters and rented spaces.
- Creating and maintaining show-specific production calendars detailing load-ins, technical rehearsals, and load-outs.
- Coordinating all production meetings and disseminating information to the production team as necessary.
- Providing Company Management support for out-of-town artists in Philadelphia and acting as Company Manager while on tour.
- Conducting bi-weekly inspections of the Pig Iron facilities, noting any needed improvements or repairs.
- Maintaining the facilities with small repairs as appropriate, and communicating larger repairs needed to building landlord.
The Production and Facilities Manager reports to the Managing Director and supervises an Assistant Production Manager. The position is full-time with benefits including health and dental insurance. Some night and weekend hours are required.
Required skills and experience:
Candidates must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and have the ability to creatively solve problems. Additional requirements include five years work experience in theatrical production management, strong computer skills, and the ability to work well as part of a small team. Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
Send resume, cover letter, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pig Iron Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse, accessible workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pig Iron is always in search of volunteers for administrative and production tasks. If you would like to learn more about the opportunities available with Pig Iron, please e-mail email@example.com.